This week has been a whirlwind of emotions, stress and follow-up emails!
This past Monday, Mike and I had our consultation at Shady Grove to talk about moving onto IVF. Once we decided to move me onto Mike’s insurance plan, things sorta fell into place for us… thankfully. Plus, my insurance carrier granted an exception and dropped me from my plan, which enabled us to start the process sooner rather than later.
With travel plans at the end of this month, honestly, we went into the consultation thinking that we’d only be able to begin next cycle, so, February/March. Discovering that we could start this month (and we’re talking, within a week of that appointment), wa exciting (albeit terrifying!).
Come to hear from the financial person that authorization for the insurance could take 4-6 weeks. Slightly confusing because authorization was a couple DAYS last time, but it’s a busy time of year for insurance, so I can understand some delay. So, right now, I’m doing everything in my power to make sure that authorization goes through in TWO weeks – otherwise we have to cancel this cycle. And while that’s hardly the end of the world, it does add to the stress level.
Since our cycle begins with birth control pills (yes, seems counter-productive, eh?) – I’m able to start those TOMORROW (yikes!) and continue for 19 days. If authorization doesn’t come in by then, then no harm done and we wait to the next cycle.
The rest of my drugs are on order, and arriving next week. (And talk about a wake-up call on that $$ amount!) So, we’re doing everything we can – and ready when approved.
Now, it sounds like I’m all calm and collected, huh? I’m Not.
But there’s only so much I can do at this point and I’m doing it, so why bother with any additional stress? Either way, IVF is happening in the next few months, and that’s going to bring along a host of more apprehension… so for now… we BREATHE.